Friday, August 4, 2017

Voting While Comatose

Cryptic messages slip past all
efforts to block them out.
A little shower of propaganda
interlaced with the touch down pass.
BUY! BUY! BUY! buy into it now!!!
John E. Dee and Linda Loo,
three thirty in the morning at the 7–11.
Wondering again why the sudden
craving for the Budwiser and Doritos.
Then come November in the ballot box
he stands there dumbfounded,
“What the hell?? I could of sworn I voted for the other guy.
Is the public asleep at the wheel?
Maybe, but some, against their will, remain
locked in their child-restraining seats
desperately reaching for the
emergency brake.

2 comments:

  1. “Is the public asleep at the wheel?” I’m still asking myself that question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too, though recently I think we have gotten much closer to answering that question.

      Delete